Travel Lifestyle Glamour Entertainment Relationship Beauty Health

Most parents have a constant concern about keeping their children in good health. So when a mom discovered an unusually large black mark on the roof of her baby’s mouth, she was immediately worried. Darian Depreta, who’s from the United States, was playing with her daughter Bella when she first noticed the huge circular mark. She tried to wipe it off but then took Bella to the doctors to find out what it was.

However, the GP who examined Bella couldn’t find a cause for the mark, and made the assumption that it was probably just a birthmark, which caused Darian to have it out with the doctor. Darian stated, “I’m now being told that my daughter will be set up with 2 specialists.” After insisting that the spot on the roof of Bella’s mouth wasn’t a birthmark, the GP decided to take a second look at the medical mystery.

“I point out it looks a little white on the side and she really gets in there trying to scrape it,” Darian said. That’s when the mystery of the spot was solved, as it turned out to be a piece of cardboard box. While she was relieved after all the worrying, the mom of two was still embarrassed to be told by doctors that Bella had a chunk of cardboard stuck to the roof of her mouth after chewing on a box. She was a good patient about having it removed.

Darian added, “I can never show my face in that office again. I cried/laughed for a solid 5 minutes straight.” She expressed the mix of emotions that she felt during the unlikely ordeal in a social media post. “Darian wrote, The only reason it was posted was that after crying, (the doctors didn’t even know), she was ok.”

Darian also added, “The laugh was the storm of it all. And I don’t ‘let’ my baby chew on cardboard. She’s teething and tries to chew on EVERYTHING.” Darian then followed up further with, “She just so happened to find a box while I was loading the dishwasher, which I of course took off of her right away. I just didn’t realize a piece got stuck up there. I checker her mouth for small pieces right away.”

The dangers of teething children is something that any parent can understand, no matter how well one might keep an eye on them. Sounds like Darien did her best just like any other parent. Hopefully, little Bella won’t find any more cardboard boxes.

This is how people reacted to this post:

Judy Cole Hoffman: "Oh my. As I was reading this, I was getting more and more upset. I started praying. Only to turn to thanking God and laughing hard. God Bless Her."

Jackie Woodward: "Don’t feel bad! I insisted that Rush had a nasty cavity after I discovered a huge black spot back in his molar that I absolutely could not get out with anything I scraped it with. Turns out it was a strawberry seed."

Charlotte A Redding: "OMG Darian. Such is the life of a mother! At some point, NOTHING surprises you. I’m so glad Bella is ok!"

Sam Billioni: "I posted this on your mom's page but i feel you here…..
Ok. Same kind of thing. I was putting my daughter in the car a few years ago and she put her finger in the door handle where there was a red melted crayon and asked me "what was that?" I completely freaked out like there was a hatchet wound on her finger."

This article was originally published on the

Post Comment

Be the first to post comment!

Copyright © TheBuddy 2023